Storing Fresh Produce
To maintain freshness of fresh produce:
1. Use cotton bags or wrap with cotton cloth, preferably organic, to store herbs and any leafy veggies in the fridge. Every one or two days sprinkle it generously with water. The leaves will stay green and fresh for much longer!
2. To store berries, put them in a mesh colander and on the top rack in the fridge. That’s it!
3. Store pineapples and papayas in a dark warm spot. They will ripe faster. I keep them near the rear end of my fridge!
4. Store potatoes outside. Potatoes become carcinogenic if stored in the refrigerator. I keep them in a cotton bag and inside a natural basket.
5. Onions, garlic, and ginger can be stored outside, just like potatoes.
Any questions on how to store other fruits and vegetables? Ask away!